Prayer Closet

Prayer - Another area in which I feel inadequate. Inadequate you say? How does a Christian not know how to pray? Isn't praying just a conversation or dialogue with God? Exactly!

It has taken me thirty-two years to realize that point. I speak, God listens, then God speaks and I listen.

Oftentimes we proffer a monologue to God, then just as He's ready to speak, we're off and about our daily tasks satisfied in the fact that we've spoken to God. So now, I'm painfully aware and unsure of my inability to pray! And guess who does the congregational prayer most Sundays? Yup...you got it...yours truly.

Like many Christians before me, I didn't realize that there are key ingredients to prayer as well as many types of prayer.

In this area join me on my journey as I explore what prayer is, how to pray, types of prayers and prayers that God answers. I will also post prayers that evolve during this journey, such as "My Prayer Today"

Comments

Maciej said…
Psalm 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God...great blog!

Popular Posts