NaNoWriMo Update & New Look

Hello Folks,

As you can see, I got colorful for the holidays. This is my Thanksgiving rendition. In the meantime, I'll be scoring the web for a Christmas look. So if you see anything that looks like me, don't be shy--forward it to me!

As to NanoWriMo:

I am so stuck, it's not even funny. First I was busy at work (still am), then I was sick, Wednesday through Friday. Got healed on Saturday (it was a miracle!)

I hope to jumpstart again tomorrow when I attend a local NaNoWriMo get together. Either that's a great support group thingy, or we all need to get a life...lol.

Now for my new "I Did It!" moment or as I coin it my "Non-Confrontational Solution of the Day"--

As I hustled to the bus stop, I took in great gusts of air, thankful that my workday was over. Arriving at the bus stop I said hi to the guy on the bench reading the newspaper. No response. I seated myself and said hello, a little louder. Again, no response, it then dawned on me that this guy couldn’t “hear” me.

No worries, I love a good warble anyways. I began singing a Mariah Carey song, as I whipped out my trusty composition book, no not to continue my Nano count, but to write up this rough draft.

I sang without cessation for the entire ten minute wait for the bus. While I sang, the thought occurred, what if he really is hearing impaired and you’re just tripping?

To test my theory, I hit a particularly bad note, and then smirked to myself as out of the corner of my eye, I saw him wince. Hehehe…whaddaya know? No hearing problems.

When the bus arrived, you should have seen him hightail it to the very back of the bus.

My mama always said that there is more than one way to skin a cat or a pig.

Comments

Miladysa said…
Glad you are feeling better.

I wonder what the man told his friends about the 'singing stranger'? :)
D.S. White said…
He prolly said that some folks should be muzzled...lol.
eph2810 said…
This is a beautiful template...Kind of strange (but then again, there is nothing strange when God prompts you :)), I was praying for your this morning when I got ready for work. I was going to check in with you after I got of work, but I guess I needed to check on your page earlier...
Anyways, know what you are in my prayers and don't forget Phil 4:13
In His grip,
<><

Popular Posts