Fasting: You Mean No Food?

You ever notice that you can skip breakfast most days of the week, but the day you’re called into a fast you wake up starving or you head straight for the cafeteria at work?

That was my experience this past Easter, hardest corporate fast I ever endured. (And only to hear stuff, I didn’t want to hear. You’ve got pride issues and that anger thingy? Not gone, just deep undercover and manifesting itself in another direction, [changed from being angry at myself to being angry my mother]. I was like, what a gip! LOL)

Seriously though, the point here being. If you’re not prepared to hear from God, don’t go into a fast. If you’re not going to do what He says, don’t go into a fast. If you just want to hear good things about yourself, don’t fast.

On the other hand, if you want direction, to know who you are (in the flesh and in Christ), to find out what controls you, to get on an intimate level with God. Then by all means, join me in meditating on the scripture below till 6 pm today.

"We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose." ~Romans 8:28 (Amplified Version)

For those of you thinking...fast? What and why? Check out this link:

Peace,
Dee

Comments

Popular Posts