I've always wanted to visit Africa. After all, despite the opinion of the "real" Africans, I too, am African and it is part of my heritage. Initially, I was very excited about this. I don't know why, because there's no way I could drop everything to go. But were it possible for me to do so, I wonder if it would really be something I longed to do, or something that just sounded good to the ear, but never intended to be followed up?
How many times have I deliberately grabbed at the impossible and consoled myself wih thoughts like, I'm sure that if things were different...
One of my goals for the year 2005 is to give up the "if onlys," and to live in the here and now. Sure dreams are grand, great even...but not to be used as an excuse to avoid or blind myself to the exciting possibilities that are within my reach...while I put life on hold--to await materialization of the dream.
Because of my adherence to the above-mentioned goal, I've begun to actually live the Scripture which states,
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all its righteousness and all other
things will be added unto you."
As a result of my seeking diligently after God, He has restored to me, that which I allowed to fall under the control of the devil: My joy, my selfworth, my creativity, my health, my family, my sanity and my piece of mind. God has opened my eyes to the fact that it's not who man says I am that matters, but who He says I am.
And He says,
- I am beautifully and wonderfully made;
- I am heir to a royal priesthood; and
- As a descendant of Adam and Eve, I am a spoken Word and as such I cannot return to Him void, I must, I will accomplish that which He has purposed in me.
Seeing myself through God's eyes placed me in a position to begin realizing the following dreams:
- I'm working on three books; (one of which will be finished by December);
- I'm working on lyrics and melodies for my CD; (one song has already been completed and is part of a soundtrack for a Christian Direct to DVD series); and
- I'm in Bible School working towards my Minister's License (well as you've read previously this one really wasn't a dream...lol).
Like the baton in a relay race, I'm passing on to you, the above-mentioned information. Maybe you'll be able to go for it or forward it to someone else who can. I, on the other hand, may get to Africa one day, but if not--I'm reaching for dreams right here in good old U S of A.
So, what reachable dreams have you been overlooking?