For My Internet Friends

Hi Folks,

I received the following ecard about five minutes ago from "an Internet friend". Now I don't want to sound shallow or anything but I gotta tell ya ... I don't recall saying more than a general hello to this person. If I have, it would have been under a different email address because I do not recognize the one from which I get emails and ecards. Everytime I attempt to communicate with this person via email to find out more about them ... I never get a response, so I've relatively given up. However, it always seems that he seems to send an ecard that's right on time or on target ... if you will.

His request for today's card is that I share it with others, so I immediately thought of you ... my Internet friends!

Oh and did I mention the kicker that made it extra special? Playing in the background is the instrumental version of one of my favorite praise and worship songs "Give Thanks" For those of you who don't know it, I've linked to a demo version from the Praise Hymn Web site so you can hear the words and take a moment in your day to "give thanks".

Peace,
Dee

P.S. Now I know someone out there is thinking "Internet stalker" warning signs, but call me crazy ... I've started to see him as my Internet angel always there with a word of encouragement. So I guess the moral of the story is that we need to be aware when we communicate with others on the Internet, whether it be via blog, email or IM, we're making contact with real people. We never know who we touch or how we impact others ... sometimes a hello or a :oD makes the world of difference.




Somehow in this great big world

I found my way to you

My friend across the computer lines

my heart, my soul, that's who.




You try to make me smile

with the mail you send my way.

You never fail to drop a line

each and every day.




Whenever I have hurried home

with something, I must share,

I find it just so comforting

that you are always there.





Encouragement you give me

and a friendship that is true.

I'm glad my soul, while reaching out,

found someone like you.



Have A Wonderful Day

Thanks For Being There

Comments

Popular Posts