NaNoWriMo Update & Request

Hey Folks,

I have managed to write myself into a headache...I have been in such a writing frenzy since I got the latest epiphany. Book number one has been tabled to be finished at a later date and Book number two Conversations with God is all systems go.

At the time of this post, 4:09 p.m., I'm up to 7,865 words which is amazing, considering how long it took me to get to that point with Love Quest. This doesn't necessarily mean that Conversations with God is all gold so that's where you come in. I'd appreciate it if you'd read an excerpt and let me know your thoughts? (I've included a tiny excerpt below)

Those interested email me and I'll send you the secret "link".

I've already gotten one volunteer and could use two more.

That was the request, now for the excerpt which includes an update I'm sure you've all been waiting for with baited breath:

Thanks Lord, talking it out with you, I feel better already. Oh and did I mention, that I did go apologize to her after looking in the mirror? Yes I did. “I said to her that it was all me, I was cranky and she did nothing wrong.”

I didn’t believe it at the time I said it…but this conversation has showed me that while things are not ideal, talking it over with you as soon as it happens, makes me feel better about things.

Oh and God? I know that you wrote that if I desire anything at all, it should be wisdom, but when fulfilling that request, would you please send me an extra helping patience and understanding?

Thanks again. Talk to you later.


5:05 p.m.

Are you there God? It’s me again Divine…

Today was another crazed day at work. There wasn’t much time for web surfing or email checking, but I did manage to squeeze in some blog explosion surf time. I surf while I do other stuff, I just have to check back periodically for the word go.

I actually got some writing done last night, just not Nano stuff. I think I’m avoiding dealing with the issues I raised in Love Quest. Either that or I’m lazy. What do you think?

Anyway, guess who I saw again today?

I left the office a little later than yesterday because after the debacle of last month I absolutely had to get those TransitCheks out to the New York employees via Fed Ex.

I hustled on up the block, shuffling in some spots and flat out running in others, which was enough to make me begin to wheeze. (That’s another thing…wheezing? I lived in New York for 21 years, slight allergies and nothing else…I move to Pennsylvania, of the open air, green trees and oneness with nature and in under two years I’m carrying around an inhaler…you surely do have a sense of humor).

As I got to the corner near the bus stop I spotted the red jacket that signaled my silent buddy of yesterday was there ahead of me again. Call me wicked or mischievous, if you will, but I began searching my mind for today’s aria.

Just the thought of it gave me a second wind and I practically skipped across the street in glee.

To my disappointment, when I said a cheerful and quite audible hello, he actually looked at me and lip synched, hello, before turning back to contemplate what I'm sure was a quite fascinating wall of the pizzeria across the street.

So I just pulled out my trusty composition book and penned this update because I’m sure you wouldn’t have wanted to miss today’s episode.

Much more of this and we’ll soon be bosom buddies!

Comments

Popular Posts